
My friend Wayne has 69 tomato plants in his garden. 69! (And this he considers scaling back--a few years ago it was 114.) He knows I love to make homemade sauce, so last week when my phone rang and I heard Wayne's voice saying with a smile "How would you like to make some tomato sauce?," I dropped everything. Wayne had a motherload of 'maters, and was offering me all I wanted. So this weekend I spent a good few hours getting veggies at the farmer's market (a must for my sauce), chopping, stewing, tasting, adjusting--and finally, I arrived at perfection. Mmm mmm good.
3 Comments:
Ok, so when do I pick up my jar of sauce?
August 11, 2006 12:18 PM
mmmm...do you mail that stuff to Chicago??? Glad to keep up with you in a new way Mel!
August 11, 2006 1:13 PM
I'm waiting for the dinner invite!
August 13, 2006 10:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home