my teacher told me one thing, live in the soul. when that was so, i began to go naked, and dance. - lalla

Monday, October 02, 2006

Dreamin' up a storm

Lately I've been having dreams every single night, and I'm remembering loads of details. It's a little intense.

Generally I go through periods where I don't remember any dreams, and then I go through periods where I remember a lot. But the last 10 days have been the most prolific and detailed period of dreaming I've ever experienced. I mean, it's constant. And the dreams themselves are really varied. Some are sweet, some are violent, some are peaceful, some are anxious, some are about what I'm doing, some are about what I'm not doing, you name it.

Maybe I'm just taking in more of the world than usual--therefore I'm more open to what my subconscious is expressing through my dreams (?)--but I'd be curious to learn more about this kind of patterning.

Anyone have light to shed on patterns of remembering and not-remembering? Point me to books, websites, your own personal experiences or theories...

And happy dreaming.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you taking any anti-malarial medicine Melanie? *Every* time I take it before, during and after a trip I have dreams just like you're describing. Otherwise, it's hit or miss.

October 02, 2006 8:13 PM

 
Blogger melanie said...

No, tho I have had some wacked out dreams on malaria meds in the past... In recent years I've discovered another med that works just as well, without all the dream funk. Can't remember the name just now but would be glad to look it up for your next trip! Thanks!

October 03, 2006 11:57 AM

 
Blogger Bubbles said...

there are good books on lucid dreaming...plus some interesting links if you drop your imagery plus the word "dream" into google.

October 03, 2006 4:56 PM

 
Blogger melanie said...

Bubbles, do I also know you as Zena?

October 04, 2006 10:04 AM

 
Blogger Bubbles said...

That would be "Xena" ;)

October 06, 2006 1:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to remember my dreams more when I have time to wake up instead of being rudely brought to life by an alarm. One of my college professors told me to pay attention to how a dream makes you feel. There is a recurring dream I have when I get overloaded and stressed out that I now recognize as a big slow down flag.

luv
Rachel

October 09, 2006 12:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home