Wild moon chase
Did anyone see the lunar eclipse last night? We got up to greet the early morning sky--trying to find it from the back yard, the front yard, driving around, going up on a hill, down to the river, you name it--but the sky was hazy, light was already coming from the east AND the moon was probably too close to the horizon at that point for us to find it. *sigh*
However, last night the sky was clear, and the moon was completely full and radiant. Sometimes we can take what we can get!


2 Comments:
I trudged across Frankfort and over the railroad tracks near Masonic Homes and did see the eclipsed moon. It was 6:10 a.m. and low over the trees. It was brown with grades of brighter maroon around the bottom third, but it was dipping into the thick haze.
By the time I got sleepy Julian up and out, it had disappeared from view. Thought I might see it from the 31 bus when Frankfort points directly to the west, but the driver and I had no luck...
The copper full moon last night was yummy!
August 29, 2007 9:16 AM
thanks for the beautiful description--i'm glad you got to greet it!
August 29, 2007 11:31 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home