my teacher told me one thing, live in the soul. when that was so, i began to go naked, and dance. - lalla

Friday, October 06, 2006

A wee dilemma

I discovered today that Lousiville's most excellent Festival of Faiths theme this year is "Death and Dying Through the Eyes of Faith," Nov 5-11. I took a brief look through the schedule to circle the events I'd like to attend--and when I was done almost every event was circled. The lineup of speakers and experiences is simply phenomenal; it is beyond description.

Where am I scheduled to be that entire week? Traveling for work. Where should I be that week? Taking a week off right here in Louisville, attending the Festival. My soul needs it, my heart needs it, my body may even need it. The question is, Is that trinity worth canceling two trips, losing opportunities, and risking good graces with colleagues and constituents? I think perhaps they may be...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cancel one of the trips and go to part of the conference.

October 09, 2006 12:38 PM

 
Blogger melanie said...

Thanks for the encouragement y'all.

October 09, 2006 1:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home