How's this for perspective?
So I'm organizing a trip to Central America these days. One of the questions on the application has to do with whether an overnight stay in the countryside (sleeping on a hard bed or floor, outdoor latrines, no running water), with a long walk to a village without road access, would present any problems for the applicant. Here is one response we got. How's this for perspective?
"I just turned 70 which is a real downer because I don't feel that old. My tent camping and hiking days may be over but I can still take long walks, my balance and health are good, and I think I could still get up, after a night's rest, on a hard bed or floor, with enough flexibility to work out of the stiffness."


1 Comments:
That's beautiful in it's honesty and simplicity. I Especially like the end: "...and I think I could still get up, after a night's rest, on a hard bed or floor, with enough flexibility to work out of the stiffness." I love that.
December 16, 2007 3:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home