my teacher told me one thing, live in the soul. when that was so, i began to go naked, and dance. - lalla

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Here we are again

I realize the blog's been a little on the down side lately, but that's life.
I was looking forward to writing something upbeat this week. But then the impossible happened. My friend Reg was killed while riding his bicycle on Saturday.

I cannot at this time assemble words to share with you who Reg was or what the loss of him means or how it all connects. All I've got to offer are the connections and nurture and love we make with each other in times such as this.

His nieces write (as comments on our local paper's website):

"Live each day as if it could be your last and live each moment as if it could mean everything. One moment can change your life forever."

"Just go home and love your family as much as you can."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So shocking and sad. I might be headed up to Louisville on Saturday. Will you be around?

luv
Rachel

November 15, 2006 1:53 PM

 
Blogger melanie said...

Absolutely. The service is at 10:30 on Saturday if you can make it up here in time... I'll call you so we can make plans.

November 15, 2006 2:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home