my teacher told me one thing, live in the soul. when that was so, i began to go naked, and dance. - lalla

Friday, February 23, 2007

Transformed and always transforming

So... this is a little awkward to share on the blog--and actually type out in words (because it's so embodied)--but...

I've shaved my head again.

Eek, just to say it feels exposing.

But that's what it's all about these days. A deep inner journey of transformation that often intertwines itself with my outward journey. And sometimes to delve there, and stay there, we have to slough off the outer layers, the pretense, the ways we traditionally (and acceptably) present ourselves to the world. Sometimes we need physical, tangible reminders of the journey we are on, lest we forget ourselves and get lost at the surface...

So part of me wants to tell-all and do a big expose for all the world to see (or at least my blog-reading world) and share the hundred things that this time in my life--and this particular shaving--means. And another part of me wants to just tiptoe, tiptoe, tiptoe up, and peek out quietly (as these first few days of baldness always find me doing), and say to the wide world only - Okay, I am here... It's new but it's still me... It's me, but it's not... because I am new, and always new...

Presbyterians (or maybe Protestants in general) talk about "reformed and always reforming." But for me lately, it's more like "transformed and always transforming."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might I say you look B-E-A-Utiful!!!
Thanks for sharing your transformation with us all....it is an inspiration!

February 23, 2007 11:32 PM

 
Blogger EEK! said...

Your head always looks awesome shaved. I am so jealous of your perfect skull.

February 24, 2007 12:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you gave up hair for Lent? :-) I wanna see! I heard so many good things about what you look like w/o hair...words like "dazzeling eyes" etc...
Mailed you something today.
Tee hee.
Have a great week,
Shannon

February 26, 2007 9:07 AM

 
Blogger rachelerin said...

Yeah! I am excited to hear about your transformation time and I think you look HOT with a bald head.

See you soon!

February 27, 2007 10:35 AM

 
Blogger Jill said...

Lady, you have the best bald head. I love it! Just keep it warm!

February 27, 2007 3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home