my teacher told me one thing, live in the soul. when that was so, i began to go naked, and dance. - lalla

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The brew

This is the best home remedy for a cold I've ever had:

Grate a 1-inch piece of peeled, fresh ginger into 2 cups of water.
Bring to a boil and let simmer 5 minutes.
Add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste).
Simmer a few minutes more.
Add 2 Tablespoons each of honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Add 1 or 2 cloves of crushed fresh garlic.
Allow to cool slightly and strain if desired.
Get under some covers and drink as much as you can.

This is a recipe from Natural Health, Natural Medicine, by Dr. Andrew Weil. He says it helps congestion, chills and malaise, and it does.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Melodeeee! I was just wondering/hoping/begging to hear something from ya soon :-) And here you post this valuable info. I hope you don't have a cold too!

Miss ya muchisimo!
Shannons

February 12, 2008 2:39 AM

 
Blogger melanie said...

Yes I was way sick last week, after returning from an incredible trip to Nicaragua! Will blog about that soon. In the meantime it's great to be back and hearin from ya!

February 12, 2008 6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home