my teacher told me one thing, live in the soul. when that was so, i began to go naked, and dance. - lalla

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Presby flashback

So I'm driving through my neighborhood on Sunday, minding my own business, and all of a sudden as I pass the park, I see this sign. YAD Picnic! YAD PICNIC?!?

It took me right back to GA where events, picnics, briefings of all stripes happen all over the place. For those of you who don't know (or give a hoot) about the national Presbyterian church, GA (General Assembly) is our every-other-year legislative meeting which yes, has its merits, but can basically be boiled down to 10 Big Days of Stress and Strain. (My GA recovery routine generally involves three days of sleep and some sort of ailment my body uses to get back at me afterwards.) And YAD is our lovely Presbyterian acronym for Youth Advisory Delegates--a mightily lobbied group of which I was part in 1993.

Which is to say, since GA happened in June, I have been extremely content living in a post-GA world where I know I don't have to do it again for two more years. And which is to say, any reminders of GA that might crop up in my neighborhood park are MOST unwelcome.

What on earth could YAD stand for in my own neighborhood? Any guesses out there? C'mon, it could be fun...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of a lot of things for that acronym....hehehe....but the only thing I know of is the Young Adult Division of the Jewish Community. I used to here about it from some of my previous coworkers. Have a good day! ;)

August 31, 2006 9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home